OMS academy also offers onsite courses for the strategic training curriculums of one to three days of structured, comprehensive, advanced, and custom-designed courses for professionals working in the refinery offsite operations area. These three options for the onsite courses are discussed as follows:
- Three days comprehensive structured MCOR courses – Each of the four MCOR courses in the series focus individually on the Management, Control, Optimization, and Reconciliation of offsite refinery operations. You can review the details of the contents of each of the MCOR courses by clicking on the links for each course.
|1. MANAGE||OEA561- Manage Refinery Infrastructure|
|2. CONTROL||OEA562- Control Refinery Manufacturing|
|3. OPTIMIZE||OEA563- Optimize Refinery Production|
|4. RECONCILE||OEA564- Reconcile Refinery Hydrocarbons|
There is substantial cost saving between onsite and offsite courses and other training modes, as seen here in this comparison.
- Design your private curriculum from 200 topics. Refineries can design their custom curriculum by selecting 50+ topics from the academy topics catalog if the above-structured courses don’t meet their requirement for private. However, the private course fee will depend on the selected topics and will be equivalent to three training days. Please click here to view all topics and their categories to create your onsite, onsite courses.
Click here to view a detailed comparison of various training venue options available from OMS. If you are interested in a proposal to conduct any of these courses at your site privately for your employees (recommended maximum 15 for better interactions), please get in touch with us for a detailed proposal. Please give details of your requirement in the message box of the request form.
Examples of Few Onsite conducted Courses.
- One-day Onsite Course in Houston, Texas, USA, on Advanced Fuel Blending Control and Optimization Systems for 50 Professionals from 13 Phillips66 Refineries
- Three-days Onsite Course in Cartegna, Columbia, on Technology and Management of Fuel Blending Control and Optimization System for 20 Professionals from the Ecopetrol Refinery
Our Academy director, Dr. Suresh Agrawal, has conducted private and public courses worldwide in Singapore, Prague (Czech Republic), Bangkok (Thailand), Houston, Orlando in the USA, Bogota (Columbia), Mumbai, Vishakapatnam (India), and many more countries. You can benefit from his 40+ years of experience and expertise in downstream refining operations and reduce the skill gap to build human capital and improve your bottom line with trained engineers.
- Five stars to the course and the instructor.
- Although this course gives an overview of offsite operations, I was interested more in Fuels Blending Technology and hands-on exercises to solve Fuels Blending problems. However, I understand from the instructor that he offers two more training courses i…
- Upon completing the course, I felt good to have learned what offsite operations are about. But unfortunately, this area of operations is not focused enough in our refinery, even though it affects the bottom line. Great course, indeed. – Smith Edward,…
- My favorite topics were the “journey of octane thru refinery lanes” and fuel blending. The lab exercise to solve a small refinery problem demonstrated the use of LP. I wish the course would have more lab exercises of this kind.
- I was transferred to offsite operations from onsite and had a tiny clue about offsite. This course gave me an excellent overview of the technology and operational aspects with the right blend of details. I would recommend this training course to…
- The discussion of our refinery fuels blending problem at the end was constructive and gave us directions to move towards. Thank you very much, Dr. Agrawal.
The discussion of case studies of the refinery’s progress to migrate from manual blending control to a fully automated system was very interesting as it showed the problems, challenges, and solutions at every step of the upgrade. Excellent course material and the…
- I liked that the course started with general concepts and continued to detail, giving space to change the amount of details/time dedicated to topics relating to the audience. The material of the course was excellent. This seminar provides the refiners an in-…
- The instructor is highly knowledgeable and very interactive with the class participants.
- I wish you would offer this excellent course in India as we have 15 refineries that all focus on onsite and ignore offsite operation, which you showed to affect the refinery’sbottom line.
- The course was exciting as I could relate to the refining and auto industry problems and challenges regarding fuel quality specifications and ways to meet them economically.
- The concept of Blender header design was very innovative as it was developed and taught by the instructor. It took the notion out that the blend header is just a piece of pipe. It has many design considerations critical to the success of the blending system, thank…
- The octane quiz was exciting as it cleared many misconceptions about octane. Therefore, I would give five stars to this course, and the instructor, Dr. Agrawal.
- I have not attended any training course before which is so organized, exceptional, rich in topics and presented excellently. Thanks to the instructor, I learned much about fuel blending in this course.
- Good Addition to “F2F”, Thanks
- “The demonstration was a little challenging to follow due to the software used (we don’t have it on our site). The demonstration showed the values entered and reported with results, but I wish more were shown on the calculations-using equation we learned in the morning.
- It would be nice to have a demo of actually adding cause and effect of watching a blend-in process – showing how optimizer, analyzers, controls, and how would react together. It would be an excellent way to relate the theory we learned in slides to the actual life processes.”
- The course contained many foundation/basic information relative to my experience level. Therefore, it seems a good course for people with less experience.
- I liked how the challenges of blending were discussed, the importance of understanding models, and the blend header.
- Overall, beneficial course.
- Overall helpful reminders are probably best for < 2 years on the job
- Some topics in the morning are kind of redundant
- Include videos to elaborate even more
- There were too many slides with many equations that could have been reduced.
- The material could have been condensed with more discussion in each area.
- Few more examples, like the RVP regression example for topics like lumped bias or non-linear bend models. It would help compare the current site practice and be easier to take home.
More real-life examples of how concepts play out
- Discussion of synergies between components
- A case with linear and non-linear formulations can be presented for differences and benefits.